I don’t know of many kids who don’t love to paint. In our household, painting is one of the most requested arts and craft activities, and it’s great for an indoor activity or rainy day. Unfortunately it also tends to be one the messiest things kids can do – which is probably why they have so much fun doing it!
If you are looking for all the fun of painting and none of the mess, then I would really recommend paint with water art sets. By simply drawing on the sheets with a water pen, a colourful illustration is revealed. No paint, no mess! Perfect for home, or even keeping kids entertained when out and about.
What You Need - From $3
- Water Art Sets from Kmart are available from between AU$3 – AU$5:
- Frozen or Avengers water art sets are AU$5 and comes with water pen along with 3 large sheets and 3 small sheets to colour in. Suitable for ages 3+ years
- The Wiggles paint with water book is available for AU$4 and has 32 pages.
- Water Magic Art Pack is AU$3 comes with 3 x large sheets, 3 x small sheets, 1 x water pen.
- Water as the paint substitute.
Refill and Use Again
Apart from being relatively mess-free, the sets usually come with their own refillable water pen so they can be reused again and again.
Regular paint brushes can also be used.
Savvy Mumma Savings is the the brainchild of Rebecca, Melbourne Mumma to 3 kids under 3yrs of age. She is a part-time accountant in the not-for-profit sector, sharing money saving ideas for the young family. More rainy day activities coming soon!
Do you have information for our readers that you would like to share or contribute to DearBub Blog and Magazine? email@example.com