Thinking up rainy day activities can sometimes be a challenge for busy parents.
Playing with kinetic sand is a favorite in our home. It helps keep bored little hands busy indoors, while also allowing Mumma to get things done around the house!
Best of all it doesn’t make a mess. It sticks to itself, but not to toddler hands, making it perfect for indoor play.
What You Need - Under $25
- Sand In Motion is available at Crayons from AU$
14.95 for 1kg and is non-toxic.
- A ‘Digger’ or dump truck. Big W has a dump truck currently available for AU$7.20
- Any other toys lying around – like dinosaurs or farm animals – which can be used to create a scene in the sand for creative play.
- A wild imagination which your child is bound to have!
Easy Storage and Reuse
Because of special properties in the kinetic sand, it’s soft and stretchy but never dries out. It can be pretty much popped into any old container for storage and reuse at a later date.
Encourage your child to use different types of toys they have to create a new ‘play scene’ each time. The toys might be:
- in an imaginary backyard
- at the beach
- in a park
- in a farm
- in the dessert – there is no limit!
Savvy Mumma Savings is the the brainchild of Rebecca, Melbourne Mumma to 3 kids under 3yrs of age. She is a part-time accountant in the not-for-profit sector, sharing money saving ideas for the young family. More rainy day activities coming soon!
Do you have information for our readers that you would like to share or contribute to DearBub Blog and Magazine? email@example.com